Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Gaylord Area Jaycees
August 2002

HOME

Accomplishments | Affiliations | Areas of Opportunity | Board Minutes | Calander of Events | Cool and Useful | GMM Minutes | History | Newsletter | Photo Gallery | We Believe | Who We Are

August 2002

Gaylord Area Jaycees

General Membership Meeting Minutes

August 1, 2002

President Lori called the meeting to order at 7:07 PM.

Present: Alicia Conradson, Jeff Conradson, Junior Jaycee Drew Conradson, Lori Dobosy and AmySue Groters

Acting Secretary, Traci Klein, was not present and did not get anyone copies of the July minutes. Minutes will be mailed when they are obtained.

Acting Treasurer, Lori, did not have time to produce a Treasurers reprt as the month ended the prior day. A Treasurers report will be mailed to all in attendance.

Chairman of the Board, Norm Cohrs, was not present to give a report.

President Lori told the chapter about a project called "Getting To Know You." It is an activation tool where members go around one afternoon and photograph and talk to all members and create a whos who book of membership. The chapter liked the idea but no further action was taken.

Management VP, Matt Smith, was not present to give a report. Lori talked about the upcoming garage sale. Lori, AmySue and Alicia volunteered to meet on August 12 at 7 PM at Matts house to finish sorting the clothes. AmySue will be getting us tables from her church. Alicia signed up to work at the sale.

Gaylordopoly was discussed next. AmySue will once again try and contact Erin and Steve so we can get this project finished.

IDVP, Amy Sue, reported on the wine tasting she would like to hold. She is planning on turning it into a Christmas Party in December. Alicia has taken a couple of wine tasting classes and she agreed to help AmySue.

Membership VP, Traci Klein, was not present to give a report. Lori reported on the cancelled community dance. The dance was cancelled because of lack of Jaycee involvement.

Lori then told the group about MIJC President Gerry Boiks membership challenge. Gerry would like to see the MIJC grow by 101 members in July, August and September. Our chapter was no help in July, but we will try and add two new members in both August and September. Gerry has a contest going on as an incentive.

Moving on to new business, Lori discussed that she, Traci and Mariah were off to Dearborn for convention the following day. Lori and AmySue told Alicia and Jeff what convention was all about and encouraged them to attend next quarter.

Lori brought up the problem of our chapters direction. She feels that we have a great community, almost too great because there are so many organizations doing so much good in our community and most dont charge dues. Her thought is to make a Jaycees Fund to have ready to give money when a tradety strikes. For example, someones house burns down and the Jaycees can immediately send them to Wal-Mart to buy new clothes. There was much discussion on this and it was thought to be a good idea.

Jeff felt tha6t if our chapter was running a good project that people might be interested in, he would be able to recruit a few new members. Lori also thought it would be nice if we could get to a point where we had enough money to cut dues to $20 and have the chapter pay the difference. No motions were made.

Lori then talked to the group about October elections and what positions were available.

Alicia and AmySue both voiced their concern about the way the newsletter appeared on the web site. Lori will work to try and correct the problem.

Because of the low turn out, no ID or drawing was done.

Lori led the chapter in the Jaycee Creed.

Motion by Lori, second by AmySue to adjourn the meeting. All in favor. None opposed.

Meeting adjourned 8:00 PM.

Respectively Submitted:

 

 

Lori D. Dobosy

President

Gaylord Area Jaycees
PO Box 434
Gaylord, MI  49734